Who we are
Welcome to Rebel Runners ~ Medway! As our name suggests, we are a running club based in the Medway area of Kent in the South East of England.
Formed in 2014, we are now one of the largest and best known clubs in the area, renowned for our friendly and supportive nature.
What Rebel Runners~Medway offers:
- affiliation to UK Athletics as part of our membership. This grants you discounts on UKA recognised races, and other member benefits.
- free 8-9 week, volunteer led, 'Couch to 5k' programmes several times per year that will get you fit enough to be able run 5 kilometres (3 miles) without stopping.
- several pages to help support your running activities, dietary needs and advice on any injuries
- access to our spotted game where you can win a monthly prize for being spotted the most in our shirts
- access to the Rebel Ballot for a London Marathon place.
Please note, there are several conditions to be met before entry to the Marathon ballot:
You have to:
- be an affiliated Rebel, first claim, this April and agree to renew in April 2017 (upfront payment will be expected before claiming place)
- have attempted to gain entry in the public ballot (proof of rejection will be required)
- agree to pay the VLM entry fee
- agree to wear club colours during the race
- have attended a total of 15 of the following events in any combination between 1st April 2016 and the Rebel draw date, November 28th 2016: team runs, parkruns and any England Athletics recognised race. We request that parkruns and races be run in club colours.
For those unfortunate enough to pick up an injury over the important 8 months preceding the marathon, we will count volunteering at a local parkrun for up to 5 of the 15 events.
Finally, if you are successful in the club ballot this year, you will be unable to go into the club ballot for the following 3 years.